Thursday, July 3, 2008

New York YANKEES


I finally can check going to the Yankee game in the old stadium off my list of things I must do before I die.. This one could not wait. As the old Yankee stadium will not be standing after this year. They have built a new one..
New York was a fun trip. Chris and I went to the Statue of Liberty. That was fun to see. We didn't go out to the statue. We just took pictures from land by her.
We walked over to "ground zero".. That place was all fenced off but there were many, many tourists there to see this part of history.. It was a different feeling, different from Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor put a lump in my throat and goosebumps on my skin.. I literally cried when walking around the memorial... At Ground Zero, I felt such sadness. I imagined (actually saw footage) of the people literally running for their lives... I felt so much sadness. I wondered what it was like to just run from that building and run as fast as you can so you dont get hit with flying bricks or debry that could hurt you. I totally felt sadness for those that were wondering the streets looking for their missing loved ones. I am glad I could witness this. I am sad that it even happened...
Well... off to better things. We arrived plenty early for game time.. I got a picture of Jeter going in to the staidum before game time

Here is Jorge Posada!! Probly one of the best catchers. There are a few in his class of greatness.. He is just awesome.
Here I am outside of the stadium on our practice run... The trains and buses are the way of life back in New York.. So we wanted to be sure of our route. We went and looked around it was fun..


The new Yankee stadium... Arod at bat... He hit me a nice home run!!! I have added this picture and I can not get it off. So here ya go. Nice pix of the dogs...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Dang, girl... you look all sassy next to Lady Liberty... Woohoo!